There is no good time for a roofing problem to show up. Maybe it’s just a small leak or a broken shingle and is easily repaired. However, what if you’re wasting money repairing these problems when really your whole roof is in need of a replacement? Here are a couple things to consider when deciding if your Denver roof just needs repairs or if it is in need of a replacement:
When your roof needs to be repaired:
When your roof may need to be replaced:
- Is your roof less than 20 years old? It’s relatively new believe it or not. However, this depends on the material and installation of it as well.
- The warranty on your roofing materials hasn’t expired yet
- If your roof’s repair is small, such as a minor leak
- If this is the first time you’ve had to hire a contractor for repairs
- If the warranty on your roofing materials have expired
- If your roof is over 20 years old, again, depending on the materials used
- If your roof has required a good amount of repairs in the past
- If leaks keep coming back after being repaired
Sometimes, there are damages that aren’t visible and could cause major problems in the future. When you’re not sure if damage requires a roof replacement or just a repair, make sure to call The Roof Dr. to accurately diagnose the problem.