As a popular choice in roofing material, tile roofing typically has an appealing look while also providing reliability in function. This material has a long life, at times up to 35 years – often carrying with it a great warranty as well. It is important to understand the differences in materials rather than just sticking with the most widely used option. Compare your options – between tile or concrete, measure what would work best for your home. Consider the following benefits and detriments that tile roofing might offer for you:
Tile Roofing Pros:
Tile Roofing Cons
- Because of their density, strong winds and weather do not move or shift the tiles
- This material can withstand the heavy Colorado snow that starts to pile on the roof in the winter
- Hail also does not typically affect tile, they can withstand most extreme weather scenarios
- On the opposite end of the spectrum, tile is also heat and fire resistant
- At Colorado’s high elevation, the damaging UV rays will not affect tile in Highlands Ranch
- Due to their durability and toughness, they can keep your home cooler than other materials because they do not conduct heat
- Tile can be recycled – and therefore promote an environmentally conscious effort in their use
- The options are varied in color and style. There are plenty of choices to suit your home’s aesthetic
- Price can be on the higher side. The material costs more than other roofing materials and also requires more expert maintenance
- The downsides in density may outweigh the up – sometimes a stronger support structure is required for tile roofing materials to ensure their weight is not damaging to the home’s structure
- Although they can withstand major storms and weather, they do not typically support direct weight, and will break – so walking on the roof is not an option for non-professionals
- The installation is not as straightforward as other materials, so it is important to have an experienced company perform the installation.
As the benefits will typically outweigh the detriments in the case of tile roofing materials, it is up to homeowners to decide the best fit for their particular needs. Contact the experts to really understand your options and gauge whether this upgrade might be right for you. The Roof Dr. can guide you through the process and offer sound advice when making these all important decisions – call us today to learn more about tile roofing and other services.