It is a huge responsibility for any business owner to choose a commercial roofing contractor. This is true whether it is installing or replacing a roof on your business structure such as a shopping mall, apartment building, office tower, factory, church, or warehouse. Either way, you want to find a professional roofing contractor in Northglenn that you can depend on and trust.
In addition to the right Northglenn roof contractor, you also need a high performing roofing system that will provide protection for your valued equipment, premises, and inventory. An effective roof performance
involves endurance, eco-friendliness, energy efficiency, and the roof’s engineering. You also want a newly installed roof to be done on time and within your specific budget. It is important, then, to be clear on the essentials of what to ask your roofing contractor so that you can receive the best solution there is.
The Right Contractor
To choose the right contractor for your commercial roof repair, replacement or installation, there are several factors to consider. Let’s take a look at what you should pay attention to.
What is the nature of your business and how does the roof come into play? Will the roof support a huge amount of weight for example, such as a roof garden? Is there going to be heavy traffic on the roof such as a rooftop bar? If this is not so, the contractor may put in roof walkways for the service technicians to acquire entry to the HVAC system. The contractor will have to consider the importance of the appearance of your roof as well as the local climate, and the number of years you expect to use the property. If you plan to stay in the building for a long period of time, then many of these things will be important.
- You should make sure that you do business only with a licensed contractor and that the business is insured.
- Find out how long the company has done business in the local community
- What is the reputation of the contractor and company?
- What is the expertise in commercial roofing? Many contractors specialize in either residential roofing or commercial roofing and sometimes both.
- What are the roofing projects done by the contractor that is the same as yours?
- How is the installed or repaired commercial roof performing after a year or two?
- Is the contractor familiar with or used any advanced technological concepts for commercial roofs like modified bitumen roofing, built-up roofing, and single ply roofing?
- Has the contractor received manufacturer certification to do a roof installation for the specifically chosen roof for this project?
You will have to plan a budget for this project and those funds have to be liquid enough to complete the project efficiently and on time. You also have to set a deadline for the contractor to complete the project. Be reasonable when making this decision. Of course, the local building code will provide information on the specifications of what is expected for a commercial roof installation.
Have contractors bid on your project because this allows you to research each of them, and compare their prices, and services to make sure they meet your roofing needs. If you are looking for the right commercial roof contractor, contact Roof Doctor
for assistance. Call 303-618-9889 for a free consultation.