5 Tips for Flat Roofs – Maintaining Your Denver Roofing Materials
Flat roofs require more maintenance than sloped roofs because roof debris have a tendency to collect on them easily. The most important thing you can do when keeping up with flat roof maintenance is to make sure that scuppers and drains are clear. This ensures that there won’t be any backups that trap standing water on the roof. With fall coming around, it’s important to sweep off the leaves and dirt before they turn to mulch. Plants can actually start growing on poorly maintained roofs.
Most common flat roof problems:
- It’s difficult to find the source of a leak
- The glue holding the top layer to the insulation can dry up and create a separation
- Leaves and debris can collect on the roof and clog drains and downspouts
- Deterioration in caulking around flashing can create a leak
- Walking on the roof can create holes in the insulation where water can sit
Visual inspections are important to make sure that you aren’t going to run into problems in the future. However, when there are large cracks or splits, you will need a professional roofer. You should schedule regular inspections with your Denver roofing company to make sure that there aren’t any leaks and to discover possible potential problems.
Call The Roof Dr. today to get professional advice on your flat roof to make sure it lasts. Learn more about different roofing materials and your best options – check out our pros and cons of tile roofing