The First Step in Replacing or Repairing a Denver Commercial Roof
October 5, 2016
Replacing or repairing a commercial roof is a colossal responsibility. Whether you own the building or work as a building manager and are making plans to replace your shop roof, install a new commercial roof in a factory, mall, office tower, house of worship, warehouse, or apartment complex, it can be a lot of work. For this reason, the first step is to choose a reliable roofing contractor who specializes in commercial roofs.
Moreover, you need a contractor who will install or replace your existing roof with a roofing system that will provide high performance for several years. In so doing, your premises will be protected as well as your valuable assets including inventory and equipment. Most importantly, your newly installed roof should be within budget and completed on time.
The Roof Contractor
For every Denver roof contractor, you should expect quality work at an affordable cost. This should be your main objective. For that reason and to make an informative decision, you should ask specific
roofing questions as follows:
- How many years have you served the local businesses?
- How do your clients view your reputation?
- Are you appropriately insured and licensed?
- What kind of expertise and knowledge do you have as it relates to commercial roofing? Are you up to date with the latest commercial roof technology such as modified bitumen roofing, liquid applied roofing, built-up roofing, and single ply roofing?
- Have you completed a similar project in the past and how are the same roofs performing now?
- Do you have any type of safety program and initiative?
- Have you received manufacturer certification to complete this particular roof installation?
- Do you use the same crew for both residential and commercial roofing projects or do you have a special crew for both?
After getting answer to these important questions, it is now time to explain what the project entails. You should be able to identify what you intend to do with the property and what is expected to be done to the roof. Other things to consider include:
- How the local climate will affect the roof
- Plans for energy saving features such as insulation for increasing the value
- Number of years that property will be used, whether it is a long term or short term investment
- The liquidity of the budget
- Project deadline
The roofing contractor should have experience in local building codes, compliance and specifications for installing a commercial roof. Roofing materials are also of utmost importance. Therefore, the contractor must understand which roofing material is best. Furthermore, if the roof needs repairs, is it better to decide on a roof replacement instead? You also have to discuss the decision for regular maintenance and inspection. You should also find out if the contractor offers warranty and for how long.
If you want to hire a commercial roofer and not sure how to begin the process, use the information here to get started, and take a step further and contact the Denver professionals at the Roof Doctor
by calling 303-618-9889 for a free consultation.